“Empathy by Design” is an online bootcamp for those of us who care so deeply about our commitments to the people we serve that we find the lack of support for our endeavors both confusing and frustrating.
Deadline for sign up has passed. Enter your email below to be notified when our next sign up goes live.
- CEO who cares so much about your employees’ growth that you find their lack of support for your endeavors to grow them confusing and frustrating?
- Consultant who cares so much about your clients’ success that you find their lack of support for your endeavors to ensure their success both confusing and frustrating?
- Doctor who cares so much about your patients’ health that you find the lack of patient support for your endeavors to maintain or restore their health both confusing and frustrating?
- Designer who cares so much about your users’ satisfaction that you find the lack of stakeholder or co-worker support for your endeavors both confusing and frustrating?
- Middle manager who cares so much about your team members that you find the lack of upper management support for your endeavors both confusing and frustrating?
For example, are you a ...
or a ...
If so, ...
You may also be feeling overwhelmed or isolated given the seemingly insurmountable challenge ahead of you.
It’s worth noting that such feelings of confusion, frustration, overwhelm, and isolation can naturally breed within us a sense of resentment and contempt, enough to propell us to be in constant blame and judgment of these people. This is normal.
When such feelings are sustained for the long term, we may start noticing our energy drain away as we begin the journey of becoming apathetic and jaded, maybe even burning out.
The good news is that these feelings are well-known symptoms of getting stuck in the paradigm of problem solving, unaware that there exists other more influential and sustainable ways of caring, which we can learn through practice.
The question is “Are you willing to train in these new ways?”
I believe that the key to effective care lies in having the freedom to choose not only problem solving, but also a requisite variety of new or unexpected ways of appreciating, understanding, expressing, and being in our relationship to both ourselves and others. I also believe that what lies at the heart of acquiring this freedom is the art and science of realizing empathy.
We may be born with empathy. We may have empathy. Yet, realizing this empathy can be very difficult. This is especially so when we are faced with differences and conflicts in culture, expertise, power, and needs.
This program will challenge you to go beyond expecting or telling other people to realize their empathy with you and instead realize your empathy with them. At the same time, this program will also invite you to take personal reponsibility not only for the people you serve, but also for yourself. You will learn that when we change the way we care for ourselves we also dramatically develop our ability to realize our empathy with a greater variety of others in a greater variety of situations.
- Custom fit: Unlike programs that focus on delivering pre-planned content, this program will customize itself to fit your own personal intention, purpose, and vision.
- Immersive: Unlike programs that focus on providing passive videos, slides, or reading materials, this program will provide live experiential learning through exercises, experiments, observations, reflections, and first-hand implementations.
- Socially Supported: Unlike programs that focus on solo learning, this program will, first of all, provide greater support by pairing you up with a sparring partner who will also be your accountability buddy. Secondly, the program will also provide regular opportunities to receive feedback and support from small groups.
- Practical: Unlike programs that give you insights and leave it to you to figure out how to translate it to practice, this program will provide the option of receiving 1-on-1 professional coaching to help you translate the insights you’ve acquired into a practice that fits the reality of your situation.
- Structured by 12 weekly online meetings. (No travel required)
- Driven by your own personal intention, purpose, and vision.
- Evolved by a set of continuously self-initiated projects.
- Punctuated by 3 surprise challenges.
- Guided by the observation-reflection-action loop.
- Supported by a sparring partner and a professional coach.
Your experience of the program will be...
Focus on Empathy
This program is being offered at a time when you’re hearing a lot about the word empathy. They say that empathy is “important.” But you’re wondering “How so? How does it work? What are its limits? How do I apply it? Is it something I can actually work on?” This program will help you and your fellow participants work together to find the answer to all those questions and more. Most importantly, you will get to tailor the answers to your situation.
The tuition for the program is USD 3600 per person.
In many cases, your company will reimburse you if you ask the HR department.